Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pride

Pride ... What does that mean to you?
For me, Pride is more than just being proud of something. It is about believing in yourself and your loved ones, so much so that you are proud of all those you take pride in. I take pride in the way I have been able to handle taking care of myself, my son Justice and my sister Ashley. I take pride in how I treat other people. You know the saying "birds of a feather flock together" ?? Well, I am a strong believer in that! If you surround yourself with negative people, you are going to be a negative person. If you surround yourself with positive people, then you too will be positive. Sounds simple doesn't it?! Well, it is. Mary Kay Ash started a business that she had pride in. She empowers women to be their own boss and be their own business owner. She gives us the tools we need to succeed.
Now, she doesn't hold our hand and walk us up to people and ask if they would like to try Mary Kay products. She also doesn't pick up the phone for us and dial for us. This is our responsibility.  As I have stated before, Mary Kay asks that we, independent beauty consultants, do two things with the knowledge and tools we are provided. She asks that we #1 share the product and #2 share the opportunity. As an independent beauty consultant, I take pride in sharing the products that I know, use and love. I also am sharing the opportunity with every woman I know, because I never thought I would own my own business. Some might say, "you don't have a business, you are just selling make-up." I answer this with pride saying, "I am promoting a product, educating women on skin care and hopefully empowering other women to take that leap of faith and become a business owner themselves." If that isn't owning a business, where I am taking my time to work on myself and help others, then I don't know what is. I firmly believe that helping others is helping myself. I don't get a paycheck unless I take the time and put in the effort to spread the news that I sell Mary Kay and that we have great specials and the business opportunity that is available. If I don't, then I don't reap any rewards or get any money coming in. You can only make money by starting by being selfless. When I come to do a party for you, I am using full size product in which I invested so that I am able to show you exactly what you are getting when you order. I have some samples, yes, but I myself like seeing what I am getting and I would expect no less from my customers. Pride is not just an emotion, it is a force that drives the women in Mary Kay, I believe. Being proud and having pride are two different things, yet closely similar to one another.  Do you want to be a proud owner of some Mary Kay product or do you want to take pride in knowing that you took that leap of faith and invested in yourself by getting that starter kit and becoming an instant business owner?!?!
Show your PRIDE and be PROUD!  Think it, Believe it, Achieve it!  Sometimes we are our own enemies when we think too much and too hard about it. Don't be your own worst enemy! Take the leap of faith and join our fabulous company of women who take the time to inspire, empower and give recognition for achievements in the company. Be your own boss!  Contact me and we can get you started today!
amberschoen@marykay.com or www.marykay.com/amberschoen
Together we can spread the word and the beauty inside and out!
Mary Kay stand firms in putting God first, Family second and Career third.  P.U.S.H ... Pray Until Something Happens. Been there done that! I am now a business owner! Thanks and praise to God and Mary Kay for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment